Make an Appointment
We offer the best outpatient detox, drug and alcohol treatment programs. Please contact us today to discuss your needs and come up with a plan:
by phone: 818.879.9018 by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our most important programs and services:
- Alcohol Treatment
- Depression Treatment
- Bipolar Disorder Treatment
- Eating Disorder Treatment
- Prescription Drug Treatment
- Heroin Drug Treatment
- Opiate Drug Treatment
Dr. A.R. Mohammad
Dr. Mohammad has been practicing Psychiatry, Addiction Medicine and General Medicine for over a decade. His area of expertise is Psychopharmacology, Addiction Medicine and treating patients with Dual Diagnosis. He is a Clinical Assistant Professor at USC School of Medicine where he’s active in teaching Medical students and Residents. Dr. Mohammad is also involved in Clinical Research and is the Director of Medical Education at S CAC/USC Medical Center (PES).
Freedom from Alcohol and Drug Dependency
Due to recent scientific advances, people no longer need to check themselves into a hospital or treatment center to find freedom from alcohol and drug dependency. Easily eliminate your pain or behavioral abuse and dependency in the privacy of your home. You will experience revolutionary treatment and the very best, individualized care by one of the nations’ leading addiction experts.
Akikur Reza Mohammad, MD
Psychiatrist | Addiction Specialist | Medical Doctor
- Dr. Mohammad is a guest and keynote speaker at many conferences including NAMI (National Alliance of Mentally ill); he has appeared on TV and Radio talk shows including ABC, MTV, and A&E, and he has written numerous articles and commentaries on psychiatric and addiction issues in many newspapers and journals.
- Dr. Mohammad is Founder and CEO of Malibu Horizon in Malibu, California. Malibu Horizon is a pioneer treatment center in medically oriented non 12 step drug treatment programs.
- Dr. Mohammad is the recipient of many awards, including Best Teacher, Best Psychiatrist in America.
- Comprehensive Medical/Psychiatric Evaluation and Medication Management of Depression and Treatment Resistant Depression, Bipolar Disorders Psychotic Disorders, Anxiety Disorder, Panic Disorder, PTSD, Obsessive-compulsive Disorder, ADD, ADHD, and Dual Diagnosis Treatment.
- Evaluation and Management of Chemical Dependency Addictions (No Behavioral Addiction Treatment i.e. Gambling, Sex)
- Outpatient detox for Opiates, Alcohol, Benzo, Somas and other drugs of abuse. Medication management for Addiction. Aftercare referral to Addiction herapists.12 step and non 12 step self help group referral. Referral to an inpatient drug treatment center if outpatient is a high risk for withdrawal complications.Subutex assisted opiate detox Suboxone/Subutex maintenance treatment.
Payment Fees – All insurances accepted (PPO)
Outpatient detox from Opiates, Alcohol or other drugs: Cash only – flat fee $1500. Treatment takes approximately 7 days. (Detox medication is not included)
TMS for Treatment Resistant Depression: 20 sessions. Call for Pricing 818-879-9018
Vivitrol once/month injection for opiate and alcohol dependence. If covered by insurance: No charge. Not covered by insurance: $1000 flat fee
** No Psychotherapy provided at the office, referral to appropriate therapists when indicated.
I have focused my professional career on treating patients with addictions and co-occurring disorders. I am an Addiction Specialist and Board Certified by the American Board of Addiction Medicine (ABAM). Listed above my professional focus is in the individualized analysis and specialized treatment of a variety of psychiatric disorders. My revolutionary, Dual Diagnosis Treatments, and Opiate Rehab & Opiate Treatment have brought peace and comfort back to the lives of men and women who have used alcohol or drugs in an effort to “self-medicate”.
Dual Diagnosis patients benefit from all of the standard therapies of drug and alcohol rehab, but they need additional psychiatric treatment, close monitoring of their symptoms, and if necessary, medication. Unfortunately, many addiction treatment and mental health programs treat only one condition, resulting in the patient being under-treated or inappropriately treated.
Depression & Anxiety | Bipolar
Dual Diagnosis Treatment
Individuals who struggle with alcohol or drug abuse are very likely to also suffering from mental health or emotional issues. Although separate illnesses, substance abuse/addiction and mental health complications are co-occurring conditions that influence one another. Simply stated, a dual diagnosis refers to people who exhibit addiction to drugs or alcohol, as well as one or more mental disorders or illnesses. These accompanying mental conditions are called co-occurring disorders. They can range from anything from post traumatic stress disorder to severe depression. Experience shows that without Dual Diagnosis Treatment, recovery and long term sobriety is highly difficult to achieve and maintain.
Dr. Mohammad is the Founder and Director of Operations at Malibu Horizon Treatment Center. He is considered to be a pioneer in the field of addiction medicine and opiate detox. Dr. Mohammad is a board certified Addictionologist. He is one of the first Doctors in the United States to become licensed to dispense Suboxone for Detox from opiates. For over 10 years, Dr. Mohammad’s professional specialty has been in the field of opiate detox. He is the leading authority helping people safely and comfortably detox from opiates. Dr. Mohammad is a very talented and compassionate man who loves his work.
Dual Diagnosis | Alcohol | Opiates | Heroin | Oxycontin | Percocet | Vicodin | Benzodiazepines | Ambien & Soma | Cocaine | Depression & Anxiety | Bipolar
In the course of our Medical Detox Program, the patient is managed through a rapid “tapering off” process. Supervised medication is used to alleviate withdrawal symptoms. This specialized treatment enables patients to be treated comfortably on an outpatient basis for Alcohol Detox, Opiate Detox, or Drug Detox. Our Medical Detox approach is suitable for many addictions, including: prescription medication abuse, cocaine, opiates, stimulants and alcohol.
For our out-of-town patients, initial treatment can be completed in as little as 3-5 days, depending on the abused substance (opiates, cocaine and stimulants). The individual is given a thorough evaluation to determine if he/she would benefit from our Outpatient Detox Program.
Alcohol Detox | Opiate Detox | Drug Detox